Please be advised. The following public meetings are scheduled as follows:
- The Finance Committee will meet on Monday, November 1, 2021 at 6:00pm (Village Hall, 101 Bridge Street, Sugar Grove, OH 43155).
- The Board of Public Affairs will meet on Monday, November 8, 2021 at 6:00pm (Village Hall, 101 Bridge Street, Sugar Grove, OH 43155).
- The Village Council will meet on Monday, November 8, 2021 at 7:00pm (Village Hall, 101 Bridge Street, Sugar Grove, OH 43155).
Ensure that all residential waste and recyclables are bagged, boxed, or bundled to reduce exposure for our employees.
- Please continue to observe your normal scheduled pick-up day and have your waste or recyclables to the curb by 5:00 AM.
- To help reduce our call volume, please utilize our website for miscellaneous service information.
- To keep our office staff safe and healthy, we have restricted physical access to our main office, and until further notice, we will only be allowing internal staff inside our building.
- Effective immediately, our transfer station hours have been revised to:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
FY2020 Annual Financial Report
The 2020 Village of Sugar Grove Annual Financial Report has been completed and can be accessed by clicking this link.
FY2022 Tax Budget Hearing
The Village of Sugar Grove Council will hold a public hearing on the FY2020 Tax Budget during the regular Council meeting to be held on Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:00pm at Village Hall, 101 Bridge Street, Sugar Grove. Public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Village water customers may now sign up for paperless billing, view account information, and pay bill online by registering here https://www.utilitybillingsystem.net/. Please note that you will need your name, valid e-mail address, and 6-digit account number that will appear on your bill. It will look like "10xxxx."
If you are new to the Village or planning on renting your home, please complete the Application for Utilities Services and return to the Village office. Also, please review the general schedule for water meter readings, our current rates schedule, and the most recent Annual Drinking Water Report. These documents are located here.
Incorporated in 1851, the Village was established along a canal route for transporting goods as part of Ohio's early canal system. The Village sits at the Rushcreek and Hocking River convergence. Major transportation systems include rail and State Route 33. Our Village is the gateway to the Hocking Hills region, linking southeast Ohio to the Greater Columbus metropolitan corridor. Within just a few miles from the Village are tourist attractions such as Wahkeena Nature Preserve, Clearcreek Metro Park, and Hide-a-way Hills.
Berne Union Local Schools is a key element to the Sugar Grove and greater Berne Township community. Each year, the Music Boosters and volunteers put on the "Sugar Grove Stars & Stripes" (annual Independence Day celebration). In the summer and fall, it is common to hear the Berne Union Golden Rockets Marching Band performing along Main Street. In late spring, the Village's Main Street is also decorated by the High School Senior Class with the annual community-supported toilet-papering.
Sugar Grove is also home to Veterans' Community Park, which offers a shelter house for rental of family reunions and other celebrations in the summer, as well as two baseball fields. The Village also maintains the historic Sugar Grove Cemetery located on Buckeye Road, just outside the corporation limits.
The Village is home to a local barber shop, a bar & grill, family-owned grocery store, three churches, U.S. Post Office, Columbia Gas offices, and several small businesses.
Get Involved in Operation Helping Hand...
Would you like to give back to the Sugar Grove Community? In partnership with Berne Union Local Schools and area civic groups, the Village has a corps of volunteers that help clean streets, paint buildings, rake leaves, and beautify the town. To get involved, click the Call to Action button to contact us!